Anchrom (Technologist, not traders!) announced last week the winners of the prestigious Dr. P. D. Sethi Memorial National Award for the best HPTLC publication from India in the year 2020.
There were 12 winners in all, 7 from the Govt. labs /Educational institutes and five from industry.
The 1st prize is Rs. 35,000/-, the second prize is Rs. 25,000/- and the third prize is 15,000/-. This is the 15th year of this Award.
The Award was started in the year 2006 in memory of Late Dr. P. D. Sethi. His contribution towards the scientific community has been of immense use.
Dr. P. D. Sethi completed his PhD from Madras University in Pharmaceutical Sciences. He worked in the field of pharmaceutical analysis for 40 years. He worked towards betterment and advancement of pharmaceutical analysis in India. He was the founder director of Central Drugs Laboratory, worked with Federal Drugs Control Laboratory and as a National evaluator with Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
He has published many books on pharmaceutical analysis on HPLC and HPTLC. His work on HPTLC has been used even today.
Anchrom started this award in his memory. The criteria for this award are
1) The publication should have used TLC/HPTLC as one of the techniques in the research
2) The research must be carried out by a person of Indian nationality
3) The laboratory where the submitted research was carried out should be in India
4) The work should be published in the calendar year 2021 in domestic/international journals
5) In cases where the publication is not allowed in certain government departments, the author may apply on the basis of presenting the work in internal seminars.
Every year we receive great response. Anchrom’s motive is to promote Indian Scientists using HPTLC.
The Awards indicate Anchrom’s support to researchers using HPTLC.
We hope more people are inspired to work on HPTLC and Anchrom will provide all the necessary training on CAMAG HPTLC.